IMPORTANT: BY SUBMITTING PERSONAL INFORMATION MANUALLY OR IN ELECTRONIC FORM TO US AND/OR BY USING OUR WEBSITE YOU GIVE YOUR CONSENT THAT ALL PERSONAL INFORMATION THAT YOU SUBMIT MAY BE PROCESSED BY US IN THE MANNER SET OUT IN THIS POLICY.
We are committed to the privacy and confidentiality of information provided by you to us. This policy explains what personal information we may collect about you, how we use that information and what we do to keep it secure.
We are continually improving our methods of communication and adding new functionality and features to this website and to our existing services. Because of these ongoing changes, changes in the law and the changing nature of technology, our data practices will change from time to time. If and when our data practices change, we will notify you of the changes via this page. We encourage you to check this page frequently.
Collection of Information
You may choose to use our services or receive additional information from us. When you request our services or additional information, we may collect personal information about you from this website, from telephone conversations, from written information sent to us and from other communications. This information would include your name, contact details and other information you volunteer to provide to us. The information you provide is either manually or electronically stored in our databases. We sometimes supplement the information that you provide with information that is received or obtained from third parties.
In addition to collecting personal information as described above, we use technology to collect anonymous information about the use of our website. For example, our web server automatically logs which pages of our website our visitors view, their IP addresses and which web browsers our visitors use. This technology does not identify you personally, it simply enables us to compile statistics about our visitors and their use of our website.
Our website contains hyperlinks to other pages on our website. We may use technology to track how often these links are used and which pages on our website our visitors choose to view. Again this technology does not identify you personally – it simply enables us to compile statistics about the use of these hyperlinks.
We also use your IP address to help diagnose problems with our server and to administer our website. An IP address is a numeric code that identifies your computer on a network, or in this case, the Internet. Your IP address is also used to gather broad demographic information.
We may also perform IP lookups to determine which domain you are coming from (e.g.: aol.com, yourcompany.com) to more accurately gauge our users’ demographics.
In order to collect anonymous information we may use temporary ‘cookies’ that remain in the cookies file of your browser until the browser is closed. Cookies by themselves cannot be used to discover the identity of the user. A cookie is a small piece of information which is sent to your browser and stored on your computer’s hard drive. Cookies do not damage your computer. You can set your browser to notify you when you receive a cookie. This enables you to decide if you want to accept it or not.
Use of Information
We will use your information to fulfil your requests, administer any accounts you have with us and to comply with any applicable laws or lawful government and/or regulatory requests. Where we send you information for any purpose, it may be sent by e-mail or post.
However, if you do not wish to receive e-mails from us and want to be removed from our electronic mailing list, please e-mail us at the address given below with “Email Unsubscribe” in the subject heading.
We may also use your information for the following purposes:
- to inform you of new services we will be providing;
- to send you updates on issues we think will be of interest to you;
- to send you requested information on our services;
- for marketing purposes and market research;
- internally to administer this website and help us improve our services.
We will disclose to you the information we hold about you, for which we may make a small charge, on receipt of your written request and being satisfied as to your identity. We will correct, amend or delete any information that is inaccurate and notify any third party recipients of the necessary changes. You may update any information you have given to us by contacting us at the address given above.
Requests to delete information are subject to any applicable legal and ethical reporting or document retention obligations imposed on us.
Disclosure of Information
We do not share, sell or distribute your personal information with unrelated third parties, except as otherwise provided for in this policy and under these limited circumstances:
- In order to provide you with the information or services which you have requested, information may occasionally be transferred or shared with third parties who act for us for further processing in accordance with the purposes for which the data was originally collected or for purposes to which you have subsequently consented. For example, sometimes a third party may have access to your information in order to support our information technology.
- We will keep your contact details on our database and may, from time to time, e-mail or post you information to make you aware of our other similar products and services which may be of interest to you. If you do not wish to receive e-mails or post from us for these purposes, please let us know by following the “unsubscribe” procedure set out above.
- Where you have consented, we may also share your information with other businesses who may contact you about their products or services that may interest you.
- We may share, transfer or disclose the information in our databases and server logs to comply with a legal requirement, for the administration of justice, interacting with anti-fraud databases, to protect your vital interests, to protect the security or integrity of our databases or this website, to take precautions against legal liability.
Where appropriate, before disclosing personal information to a third party, we will ensure the third party to take adequate precautions to protect that data and to comply with applicable law.
In order to provide the services and information requested, we may need to transfer your personal information to countries located outside the European Economic Area. Any transfer of your information will be subject to a European Commission approved contract which will safeguard your privacy rights and give you remedies in the unlikely event of a security breach.
We have in place various security measures to protect your personal information but cannot guarantee the security of any information you disclose on-line. E-mail is not a secure medium and should not be used to send sensitive or confidential information.
A cookie is a file containing an identifier (a string of letters and numbers) that is sent by a web server to a web browser, and stored by the browser. The identifier is then sent back to the server each time the browser requests a page from the server.
Cookies can be used by web servers to identity and track users as they navigate different pages on a website and to identify users returning to a website.
Cookies may be either “persistent” cookies or “session” cookies. A persistent cookie consists of a text file sent by a web server to a web browser, which will be stored by the browser and will remain valid until its set expiry date (unless deleted by the user before the expiry date). A session cookie, on the other hand, will expire at the end of the user session, when the web browser is closed.
Cookies on this website
We use both session cookies and persistent cookies on this website.
We may send to you the following cookies:
1st Party Cookies
(4) __ss_referrer – Tracking Cookie and Session Identifier Tokens. These cookies are used to track visitors and form submissions.
(2) style – These cookie are set by our content management system, they control the template style and Ui interface options the system uses. These cookise can persist for up to a year.
rd Party Cookies
(3) __utma – Expires: 2 years. Google Analytics
(4) __utmb – Expires: 1 day. Google Analytics
(5) __utmc – Expires: At end of Browser session. Google Analytics
(6) __utmz – Expires: 6 months. Google Analytics
Cookie [1,5] are session cookies, whereas cookies [2, 3, 4, and 6] are persistent cookies.
Cookies do not contain any information that personally identifies you, but personal information that we store about you may be linked, by us, to the information stored in and obtained from cookies.
We may use the information we obtain from your use of our cookies for the following purposes:
- to recognise your computer when you visit our website;
- to track you as you navigate our website, and to enable the use of the commenting facilities on our website;
- to improve the website’s usability;
- to analyse the use of our website;
- in the administration of this website;
Third party cookies
When you use our website, you may also be sent third party cookies.
Our service providers may send you cookies. They may use the information they obtain from your use of their cookies:
- to track your browser across multiple websites;
- to build a profile of your web surfing;
Most browsers allow you to refuse to accept cookies. For example:
(1) in Internet Explorer you can refuse all cookies by clicking “Tools”, “Internet Options”, “Privacy”, and selecting “Block all cookies” using the sliding selector;
(2) in Firefox you can block all cookies by clicking “Tools”, “Options”, and un-checking “Accept cookies from sites” in the “Privacy” box.
Most web browsers allow some control of most cookies through the browser settings. To find out more about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set and how to manage and delete them, visit www.allaboutcookies.org.
To opt out of being tracked by Google Analytics across all websites visit http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
We embed videos from our official YouTube channel using YouTube's privacy-enhanced mode. This mode may set cookies on your computer once you click on the YouTube video player, but YouTube will not store personally-identifiable cookie information for playbacks of embedded videos using the privacy-enhanced mode. To find out more please visit YouTube's embedding videos information page.
Blocking all cookies will, however, have a negative impact upon the usability of many websites.
You can also delete cookies already stored on your computer:
(1) in Internet Explorer, you must manually delete cookie files (you can find instructions for doing so at http://support.microsoft.com/kb/278835);
(2) in Firefox, you can delete cookies by, first ensuring that cookies are to be deleted when you “clear private data” (this setting can be changed by clicking “Tools”, “Options” and “Settings” in the “Private Data” box) and then clicking “Clear private data” in the “Tools” menu.
Doing this may have a negative impact on the usability of many websites.
Website Terms and Conditions
The terms “you”, “your” and “yours” means any user of this website.
Services and information
All references on this Website to information, materials and services apply to information, materials and services available in the UK only, unless otherwise stated. Unless otherwise indicated, this Website is for information purposes only and does not constitute legal advice. Any reliance on material found on this Website is entirely at your own risk. If legal advice is required you should contact one of our solicitors.
Unless otherwise indicated, this Website and its design, text, content, selection and arrangement of elements, organisation, graphics, design, compilation, magnetic translation, digital conversion and other matters (“proprietary rights”) related to this Website are protected under applicable copyrights, trademarks and other proprietary (including, but not limited to, intellectual property) rights and are the property of Maskew Cordon or the material is included with the permission of the rights owner and is protected pursuant to copyright and trademark laws. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.
You do not acquire ownership rights to any such proprietary rights viewed through this Website. Except as otherwise provided, none of these proprietary rights may be used, copied, reproduced, distributed, republished, downloaded, modified, displayed, posted or transmitted in any form or by any means, including, but not limited to, electronic, mechanical, photocopying, recording, or otherwise, without our express prior written permission.
Any link to another website does not mean that Maskew Cordon is associated with, approves, endorses or accepts any responsibility for that website, its content or use, or the use of products and services made available through such website.
We are not responsible or liable for the content of such websites, nor for any damages or losses, directly or indirectly, caused or alleged to have been caused as a result of your use or reliance on such websites and Maskew Cordon excludes any liability for any loss or damage arising as a result.
Any link to this Website without our prior written permission is prohibited. Notwithstanding authorisation to link to this Website, linking to any page other than the initial start page of Maskew Cordon is prohibited.
Maskew Cordon MAKE NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND WITH RESPECT TO THE ACCURACY, COMPLETENESS OR ADEQUACY OF THE CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE OR THAT IT WILL BE FREE OF VIRUSES OR DEFECTS AND WE EXPRESSLY DISCLAIM ALL LIABILITY WHATSOEVER AND HOWSOEVER ARISING THEREFROM AND WHETHER ON THE PART OF Maskew Cordon OR ITS SERVANTS, AGENTS OR ANY OTHER PERSON.
We make no guarantee that this Website will be uninterrupted or free from error.
We reserve the right at any time to modify, suspend or discontinue this Website (or any part of it) without notice. You agree that we shall not be liable to you or to any third party for any such modification, suspension or discontinuance of this Website.
Law and jurisdiction
If you access or use this Website outside England and Wales you do so at your own risk and are responsible for complying with the laws of your jurisdiction.
© Copyright Maskew Cordon – all rights reserved. Reproduction of this Website, in whole or in part, in any form or medium without express written permission from Maskew Cordon is prohibited.
This E-Mail and any attached file(s) are confidential and may be legally privileged. If you are not the addressee, any disclosure, reproduction, copying, distribution or other dissemination or use of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this transmission in error please notify Maskew Cordon Limited immediately and then delete this email. Email transmission including any attachments cannot be guaranteed to be secure or error free as information could be intercepted, corrupted, lost, destroyed, arrive late or incomplete, or contain viruses. The recipient must check emails including attachment for viruses and Maskew Cordon Limited cannot accept responsibility if the recipient fails to do so. Maskew Cordon Limited therefore do not accept liability for any errors or omissions in the contents of this message which arise as a result of email transmission. If verification is required please request a hard copy version.
A more comprehensive disclaimer can be found Below
Please note that
- Contracts CANNOT be concluded by email on behalf of Maskew Cordon or any of its clients.
- Undertakings given by e-mail are NOT authorised by Maskew Cordon and will be deemed invalid and unenforceable.
- Service of documents by e-mail is NOT accepted.
- Any liability (in negligence or otherwise) arising from any client or third party relying on this e-mail is excluded.
- Messages may be monitored for compliance purposes and to protect our business.
This e-mail and its attachments are strictly confidential and intended solely for the addressee. It may contain information which is covered by legal, professional or other privilege. If you are not the intended addressee, you should not disclose, copy or take any action in reliance of this transmission. If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify us immediately, highlight the error and permanently destroy this email, any attachments and all copies of it.
No partner or member of Maskew Cordon is liable for any errors or omissions in the content or transmission of this email.
Any opinions contained in this email are solely those of the author and, unless clearly indicated otherwise in writing, are not endorsed by any partner or member of Maskew Cordon . Any personal views expressed in this message are not necessarily the views of Maskew Cordon, its partners or employees.
As e-mail is not a 100% secure communications medium, we advise you understand and observe this lack of security when e-mailing us.
Although we have taken measures to ensure this e-mail and any attachments are virus free, we advise that the recipient should ensure that they are actually virus free. This message has not been encrypted. It may therefore be liable to compromise. It is your responsibility to scan this message for viruses. Viruses and compromises of security are inherent risks in relation to email. To the extent permitted by law we do not accept any liability for any virus infection and/or external compromise of security in relation to transmissions by email.
NEWSLETTER – PROSPERITY WITH PRINCIPLES
Four short stories. Once a month. Find out how doing good business makes great business sense.
PLEASE GET IN TOUCH
We will get back to you within two working days.